Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DIY Bench out of an old coffee table


So over the weekend I went back to my favorite thrift store looking for a coffee table to replace the old one my dog decided to use as chew toy. I ended up finding one I liked not realizing that when I brought it home it was way to small for my giant oversized couches. I have been seeing a lot of posts on Pinterest lately of people upcycling old coffee tables into benches so I decided to give it a go! A quick trip to the fabric store later and I was ready to get started.

Here's what I used

~Old Coffee table:$10 at the thrift store
~Fabric:$15 (on sale WOOHOO!)
~Foam cushion and batting:$25
~Staple gun:Already own
~Black Paint:Had that from previous projects

So all it cost was $50 and now I have myself an awesome little DIY bench!







5 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Totally inspired me to do my own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you just staple/glue the fabric and batting under the rim?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you just staple/glue the fabric and batting under the rim?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete